How to pay your rent
You can choose one of six easy ways to pay your rent. If you have any questions or just need to discuss your payment options please call 0300 555 5557 or 0300 555 5558 (Sheffield customers)
By Swipe Card in Person
The convenient AllPay system can be used at a variety of local outlets such as the Post Office and local newsagents - click here and enter your postcode for your nearest outlets.
Online by Swipecard
Payments can be made using your Swipecard and a debit or credit card over the internet at www.allpayments.net - follow the step by step instructions. Payments are secure and can be made 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you are interested in using this method, please contact your housing office.
Postal payments should be addressed to your housing office. Payments should be made by a crossed cheque or postal order payable to Pennine Housing 2000. Please write your tenancy reference number on the back of your cheque or order. You are strongly advised not to send cash through the post.
By Phone - 0844 557 8321 (NEW...local rate charge)
You will need your swipe card and debit/credit card when using this service. Payments can be made 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- In Person - At all Council Finance Collection Offices - Todmorden, Sowerby Bridge, Elland, Brighouse and Halifax - please note that the Hebden Bridge office has closed.
What does my rent cover ?
The total weekly charge is made up of Rent and Other Charges.
- Rent - This is the charge for your property.
- Other Charges - These are charges no related to the 'bricks and mortar' or your home and include:-
- Service Charges - These reflect the costs of providing essential services to your property and estate as a whole.
- Support Charge - If you receive support and assistance from a Support Officer, the cost of this service is covered by a Support Charge.
- Water Charge - Collected on behalf of Yorkshire Water for all Pennine Housing properties which do not have a water meter. Please note this does not apply to leasehold properties.